Dog ears....yeah they are cute, but the insides need to be cleaned regularly to prevent infection, smell and discharge. I have found that Lavender Essential Oil does the trick at loosening the wax and soothing inflammation.
Here is what you'll need:
- Several cotton swabs and cotton balls
- A VERY small bowl or container
- 1 tsp. Alcohol-free witch hazel (Thayers! Get it from Amazon or I find mine at Whole Foods)
- 3 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
Here is what you'll do:
- In a very small bowl or container, drip the lavender essential oil and alcohol-free witch hazel.
- Mix gently with a cotton swab. Throw this swab away.
- Take a cotton ball and soak up some of the formula. Lift and fold back your dogs ear and gently wipe and dab the inner area (where you can see the wax).
- DO NOT pick, scratch or dig deep for the wax. This is just to soften the wax and to soothe.
- Repeat daily for 3 days in both ears.
- On the 4 day, repeat the steps above. After completeing the steps, use cotton swabs to gently pull away the wax and dirt build up. Be gentle! Do not pick, scratch or dig deep into the ear!
- Use a clean swab each time you remove build up.
Easy as that! This will not only loosen wax, but it will soothe inflammation or the start of an ear infection. And... it will leave your pets ears smelling lovely! Beats that stinky ear smell!
Click on the product names above!
They are links to the products on Spark Naturals.
~~*Use coupon code CURLY to save 10%*~~