Oh yes! Picture it now....a hot bath, a tall glass of lemon water, a couple of candles and the scent of lavender in the air. Awwwww. It sounds lovely, doesn't it?
Well, what are you waiting for? Let's get this home spa going! Be sure to set aside 40 minutes! Yes, I know...40 minutes seems like a long time. But! Once a week....to take 40 minutes for yourself to relax and stay healthy....that doesn't seem like too much to ask. :)
Detox Baths! So simple, so relaxing and SO good for you. Just three simple, easy to find ingredients will get you on your way to detoxification! YIPPIE!
Did you know that 75% of U.S. residents have a magnesium deficiency?! Magnesium deficiencies can lead to chronic pain, ticks, restless leg, fatigue, nausea, muscle cramps, poor sleep, and anxiety! OOFDA! Let's take care of ourselves and get going on these detox baths! NOW!!
Here's a fabulous article from Ancient Minerals regarding magnesium deficiencies that you will want to take a look at: http://www.ancient-minerals.com/magnesium-deficiency/need-more/
Here is what you will need to do:
- Once a week, take a nice hot bath (not too hot, you have to be in there for awhile).
- While filling the bath tub, pour 1 to 2 cups of Magnesium Bath Flakes into the running water.
- While filling the bath tub, pour in 1 cup of Baking Soda.
- Next, add 6-8 drops of Spark Naturals Lavender Essential Oil.
- Swish the ingredients around a bit.
- Climb in ma-lady! It's time for a relaxing tubby! Stay in there for 40 minutes and drink lots of cold water. ENJOY!
Sure! Use 1/2 cup of magnesium bath flakes, 1/2 cup of baking soda and just 1-2 drops of lavender essential oil.
Not feeling well? Take the detox bath above and start feeling better, faster! Have a headache or migraine? Take the detox bath above and relieve your symptoms faster! Have psoriasis? Take the detox bath above and start soothing away your painful psoriasis! There are so many possibilities to a detox bath! Experiment! And enjoy the relaxation! The first 20 minutes of the bath is said to remove the toxins from your system, while the other 20 is to allow for the minerals to be absorbed by your body. Isn't science cool!?
Trouble getting in and out of a tub or have an open sore on your body? Here's an alternative detox bath just for you!:
- Once a week, fill a plastic container, large/deep pan or foot bath with hot/warm water.
- While filling the container, add a half a cup of magnesium bath flakes, 1/2 cup of baking soda and 1-2 drops of Spark Naturals Lavender Essential Oil.
- Swish the ingredients around a bit.
- Put your tootsies (feet) in there and sit for 40 minutes. ENJOY!!! Be sure to drink lots of cold water while you relax to help with the detox process.
Use coupon code CURLY to order your lavender essential oil from www.sparknaturals.com
- Always check with your doctor before starting this or any detox regimen…especially if you are suffering from any sort of health problems.
- Do not do a detox bath if you are pregnant, dehydrated, have heart problems, or open sores (the salt will burn!).
- If you feel uncomfortable, dizzy, or short of breath, get out of the bath immediately.
- If you have never done a detox bath before, start with only 1/2 cup of bath salts and work up.
- Make sure the water is not too hot or you won’t be able to stay in it long. You want to soak for 20 to 40 minutes.
- Always keep a large glass of water next to the bath tub so you can re-hydrate during the bath.
- If you don’t feel like doing a full bath, do a foot bath instead!
- Do not use soap in your bath water…it will interfere with the detoxification process.
A special 'Thank You' to my favorite blogger, Rebecca at Camp Wander for her Magnesium Bath Flake Detox Bath tips!
Go check her blog out! It's fabulous and full of amazing essential oil uses. ENJOY!!