Head lice can be a very nasty, scary thing for a kiddos, not to mention the cleaning and worry that parents feel when trying to treat their little ones and their homes.
I came across a fabulous recipe to treat head lice naturally with essential oils. It worries me to think of the chemicals we are applying to children's scalps...which, after all is 'skin'....and is considered the largest organ of the body. Do we really want to be applying pesticide to skin? Hmmm.
Let's try a different approach. I'm posting a recipe for an all-natural head lice remedy below to help you our if you or your child is struggling with head lice. Hope you are able to find relief!!
There are several essential oils that are well known for their "anti-lice" properties. But I like a combination of three applied to several different parts of the body to get the most effective results. Keep in mind: if you are trying to prevent others in your home from getting head lice, you can do this same procedure to them! This head lice recipe is not only good for getting rid of lice, it can help prevent it! BONUS!
Here we go!
PREVENTION METHODHere is what you will need:
- 10 drops Spark Naturals Melaleuca Essential Oil
- Spark Naturals Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel
- 2oz Glass Spray Bottle
- Add the add 10 drops of melaleuca to the glass spray bottle. Top off with the witch hazel. Spray 2-3 squirts of this on your hair twice a day.
TREATMENT & PREVENTION METHODHere is what you will need:
- 4 drops of Spark Naturals Thyme Essential Oil
- 2 drops of Spark Naturals Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 drops of Spark Naturals Geranium Essential Oil
- Fractionated Coconut Oil from Spark Naturals
- 10mL roller bottle from Spark Naturals
Here is what you will do:
- In the 10mL roller bottle, add the Thyme, Lavender and Geranium essential oils.
- Fill the rest of the empty space of the roller bottle with fractionated coconut oil.
Here is how to apply:
- Apply to the feet to disperse through the body. Simply roll on the mixture all of the toes and feet and then put socks on to ensure it stays put.
- AND! Apply to the scalp three times a day. Just roll on the mixture all over the scalp, then cover the head with a disposable shower cap. Leave the mixture on the scalp for at least 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, shampoo and rinse the scalp.
Simple as that!
Get all of your essential oils, fractionated coconut oil and roller bottles from Spark Natural!
Use coupon code CURLY to save 10%