Oh yes! Let's talk about butts for a second; baby butts to be specific. They can certainly get a bit sensitive with all those special gifts they bless us with about every 2-4 hours. Can you tell I have a newborn at home? Diaper creams can get expensive and aren't exactly made with the safest products out there.
My cousin is the genius of all things "baby" and "natural". She is one cool chick.
A list of what makes my cousin COOL:
- She's a veterinarian. COOL.
- She is all about baby wearing. COOL.
- She MAKES...yes, makes...her baby carriers.
- She is super crazy crafty when it comes to cloth diapering; even makes her own inserts! COOL
- She has chickens and grows chestnut trees. For real! She is THIS cool.
So, let's get down to "business." Here is this awesome and super easy receipe! ENJOY!
All Natural "Cloth Diaper Safe" Diaper Cream
- 1/2 cup of Coconut Oil (I get mine at Whole Foods)
- 1 cup refined Shea Butter (I get mine at Whole Foods)
- 3 Tablespoon Spark Naturals Bees Wax
- 3 drops Spark Naturals Lavender Essential Oil
Carefully remove the mason jar from the sauce pan and place it in the refrigerator for two hours to cool.
After two hours, remove the mason jar from the refrigerator and add the lavender essential oil. Then beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Place the beaten cream in to jars.
**Makes three, 4oz jars.
And that's it! Be sure to purchase your all natural bees wax and lavender essential oil from Spark Naturals by clicking the links on the ingredients list above.
*****Use coupon code CURLY to save 10% at check-out too!*****