Summer is officially in full swing! How is your skin holding up? Here in Minnesota, so many of us have been over exposing ourselves to the hot summer sun because we were deprived of its existence due to this past winters brutality (literally 6 months of winter!).
I've shared a few ways to care for your summer sun - kissed skin these past few months, but haven't talked about the benefits of daily care during the summer months. It's so simple to remember to care for our skin in the winter because it is SCREAMING at us with the red scales, cracking and pain. In the summer, our skin tends to feel and look healthier, but after baking in the sun for hours upon hours, it could use a little help. Why not maintain great, healthy skin every day?
That's why I'm sharing this awesome recipe for a moisturizing dry oil body spray. It's easy, inexpensive and WORKS...did I mention it smells divine?!
Here is what you need:
- 1 Tablespoon Distilled water
- Spark Naturals Alcohol Free Witch Hazel
- 1 Tablespoon sweet almond oil (if you have a nut allergy, substitute with fractionated coconut oil)
- 6 drops of Vitamin E oil (I buy mine from Whole Foods)
- 6 drops of Spark Naturals Lavender Essential Oil
- 4 drops of Spark Naturals Frankincense Essential Oil
- 2 drops of Spark Naturals Geranium Essential Oil
- One, 2 ounce GLASS spray bottle from Spark Naturals
- **This makes ONE, 2oz. glass spray bottle. But, you could make a bunch more by just multiplying the recipe! Imagine how much your friends would love a bottle of some homemade body oil spray! What a good friend you are!
- Add Distilled Water, Sweet Almond Oil, Vitamin E and Essential Oils to the 2oz. Glass Spray Bottle.
- Fill the remaining space of the 2oz. Glass Spray Bottle with Alcohol Free Witch Hazel.
- Shake EVERY time you are about to use.
- Spray on your skin (after sun, after shower, at bed time....as much as you can!)
- Rub the spray into your skin.
Why these ingredients? Well, they each have a specific purpose and promote a specific type of healing.
- Alcohol Free Witch Hazel: Acts as a natural skin toner
- Sweet Almond Oil: Is fabulous for overall skin health and will not clog your pores.
- Vitamin E: Protects skin from the elements.
- Lavender Essential Oil: Fabulous for healing and protecting skin.
- Frankincense Essential Oil: Helps with aging skin issues and heals scaring.
- Geranium Essential Oil: Promotes healing of skin and toning.
ENJOY my little sun worshipers!
Be sure to use coupon code CURLY to save 10% on your order of essential oils and accessories at www.sparknaturals.com
This article is very informative. Thank you for coming up with such an article. Now I can make my own body sprays, really appreciate it. How about suggesting some ways for making alcohol free sprays for men?ReplyDelete