OMG! I just found the most amazing lip balm recipe!! I have to share it!
How many of you love those chocolate oranges that you can find around Christmas time? The kind that you smash on the table and they break into orange slices...but chocolate? YES! That's what this recipe smells and tastes like!
I found this recipe on the Randazzo Family Blog. It's her recipe for Chocolate Orange Lip Balm using just a few simple ingredients. Of course, I didn't have one of the ingredients on hand (wild orange essential oil) so I substitued it with Tangerine Essential Oil (which I had two bottles of). It smells just like an orange! So, hey! Why not, right?
So, here is the recipe from the Randazzo Family Blot (link above) with links to the products you will need:
- 1 Tablespoon of Beeswax Pastilles from Spark Naturals
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil (can find at co-ops, Trader Joe's, Cub Foods, Whole Foods, Sam's Club....etc.) Look in the baking aisle.
- 4 Tablespoons of Cocoa Butter (I bought mine from Whole Foods)
- 25 drops of Wild Orange (or Tangerine) Essential Oil from Spark Naturals (I used 30 drops but, it's all up to you. If you want a stronger orange smell, add more drops).
- Double Boiler (I use a small sauce pot filled half with water. Put an empty, clean, glass mason jar in the half filled pot...cheap skate double boiler. There ya have it).
- Disposable Pipette or an empty, clean squeeze bottle or teeny tiny funnel.
- 20 empty lip balm containers. I get mine from Aromatics Institute. They are cheap and shipping is FAST! Took 2 days to get mine!
Add beeswax, coconut oil, and cocoa butter to double boiler (over a slow boil) and stir until all ingredients have completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in orange (or tangerine) essential oil. Using a pipette (or a teeny tiny funnel or squeeze bottle), transfer the hot liquid into the empty lip balm containers. Let cool and harden. Cap and label. Apply generously to your lips!
Here's how mine turned out! PRETTY FANCY! Even bought tangerine/coral colored lip balm tubes. JAZZY!
Have fun my friends!
Post a Comment